Tuesday, August 5, 2008

To Do

23 days from today I'll have said my goodbyes and be waiting to board. Today this doesn't fill me with excitement, but with the kind of fear that freezes me into a little tub of pure procrastination.

Whilst I know that doing even one of the things that's nagging in my mind would totally knock the fear on its ass, I sit here and blog; check emails; drink coffee; think about watching an episode of Heroes; and pretend that it might just go away.

Maybe I should make a list... that always whiles away the hours.
  • Check I have travel insurance that covers me for health till December
  • Pack the boxes
  • Find out if any of my US friends coming over soon can take anything back for me
  • Transfer household bills into Sis's name
  • Cancel standing orders/direct debits etc
  • Invoice magazines I've been writing for for nearly a year and who have yet to pay me
  • Make appointment with financial fella
You know what, I could actually do most of that today. In fact... I think I will. After I've had a really good look at Facebook.