Saturday, August 2, 2008

one step closer, getting brighter

When I first made the decision to move to another city in another country it was about change and community in almost equal measure.

I've needed change for a while, felt in a constant holding pattern with work, life, and in the absence of love. With the aspect of community, while I have some incredible friends here in London, my new city has had a strange feeling of home for a long time. The people there are my people and in their company I somehow become... more.

In recent months there's been another reason to feel it my home, in that my love and I found each other - and he is there. To call it a burgeoning romance would be only partly true in that it feels more like an explosion. The outcomes are sometimes similar too, in that is has been far from easy, but these are stories for other times. Today I post this, a home made video that a nice stranger on YouTube made for this song, which my love sent me this morning.

He marked the email "a song for the 4 weeks":

Wandering through starry skies
And when tomorrow's day arrives
I'll be a morning closer to the
Brightest hour here with you


1 comment:

Charlie Bear said...

The other really cool thing about you leaving the country is that I could maybe fill you in on stuff that I cant tell you while you're here in case you look at me all ginger and judgemental. Oohh, how about ginge-mental?! No? No, that doesnt work.

Ahh. This is fun. And you should believe me. I'm a good girl.

love ya! xx